You love your pet, so the decision to take care of him or her is a simple one for you and your family.
Just like humans, pets can get sick or be involved in an accident at a moment’s notice. They also can develop chronic illnesses such as allergies, diabetes, and cancer. Vet visits, surgeries, medications, and tests can end up costing lots of money.
You might want to consider Pet Insurance for your dog, cat or exotic bird.
You likely have health insurance, car insurance, and homeowner’s insurance to protect your family against an unexpected financial crisis and pet insurance is no different. Americans spent an estimated $14.2 billion on veterinary care in 2013 and the cost of veterinary care is rising. Pet insurance enables you to afford your veterinarian’s recommended course of treatments for your beloved pet, without wiping you out financially.
There are a variety on Pet Insurance plans available. Most will:
- Provide coverage for accidents and illnesses
- Provide a range of different annual limits, deductibles, and reimbursement percentages
- Allow you to choose any veterinarian, specialist, or emergency clinic
- Allow you to add Preventive Care coverage to your policy for dental cleanings, wellness exams, heartworm tests, DHLPP vaccines, for an additional cost.
- Offer a discount when combined with auto or homeowner’s policies
Pet Insurance is a small price to pay for unconditional love and your peace of mind. Talk to a local independent agent today to get a policy that’s right for you and your pet.